I’ve told you all about how I take care of my skin every morning. Here’s how I take care of my skin every evening.
Spoiler alert: it takes me as long to get ready for bed as it takes me to get ready for the day!
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
My 10-Step Evening Beauty Routine
- Massage oil into my face. I’ve rotated oils throughout the years, but I’ve been obsessed with the Near Perfection oil blend by Plant Therapy for awhile now. I also apply it to my entire body right when I get out of the shower.
- Dry brush.
- Shower using castile soap only on essential areas (you know where I mean). I wash my hair every three days so if I’m not washing my hair, I use the hand-held shower head so I don’t get my face wet. Always finish with a cold rinse.
- Gently remove the oil from my face with a wet (using cold water) Magic Mitt in short, upward motions.
- Apply “treatment” to face and chest – this alternates between Kypris Moonlight Catalyst or Avene Retrinal cream. I let this soak into my skin while I put pajamas on.
- Mist Avene water spray on my face.
- Press Vintner’s Daughter serum into my face, sometimes with True Botanicals Vitamin C powder mixed in.
- Tap Alpyn Beauty eye cream under and around my eyes.
- Apply Lucas Papaw Ointment to my lips.
- Legs up the wall. This is a restorative yoga pose done exactly how it sounds, by laying on the floor or bed, and putting the legs straight up a wall (or headboard). This is wonderful for circulation, so if you have cellulite, varicose veins, even dark under eye circles, this may be a good one to try. I even got my husband into doing it!
Beauty Routine Footnotes
If I’m washing my hair, this adds another 30 minutes easily because these are the nights I shave, exfoliate, etc. Plus, I will blow dry my hair for a little so I don’t go to bed with a wet head.
Bonus #11 is going to bed at a reasonable time. For me, this is around 10pm, which ensures I can get a solid 8 hours of sleep. A good night’s sleep does wonders for the skin!
Now tell me how you get ready for bed! Does it take you more or less time than getting ready in the morning? Comment below!
4 thoughts on “My 15 Minute Nighttime Beauty Routine”
I am so impressed by your beauty routine. Now I know why your skin always looks great. Mine is much simpler. I remove my makeup with neutrogena wipes. Then remove excess with a soft washcloth and warm water. My night cream is Cerave PM moisturizer and aquaphor ointment on my lips. In the morning, I use CeraveAM Moisturizer with SPF 30. I Never go out without sunblock even in the winter!!! I’ve been protecting my skin from the sun since my 30s and I use a hat whenever possible.
Your routine is meticulous. Don’t take too long at night. Your husband will be asleep when you Join him in bed🤣🤣🤣. I know from experience 🤣🤣🤣
This used to happen!!! Now I have to start getting ready for bed earlier 😉
Sun protection FOR SURE!!! I wear the Disney hat you got me most days! 😘