This dairy-free noodle kugel recipe was inspired by the one my Jewish mother-in-law handed down to me. In addition to making it free of any dairy, I also adjusted it to be free from any refined sugar. Use the highest quality ingredients you can find, and organic if possible: you deserve the best.
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
- 1 x 16 oz box egg noodles
- 8 pastured eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut sugar/monkfruit blend (can sub all coconut sugar)
- 3 cups unsweetened organic soy milk (can sub any unsweetened plant milk)
- 16 oz plant-based cream cheese (I used 2 x 8 oz Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese)
- 1/2 lb vegan butter (I used 2 sticks of Earth Balance)
- brown rice crisps cereal (I used Barbara’s)
- Cook noodles as directed, being careful not to overcook.
- Mix all other ingredients in a blender.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked noodles with blended ingredients.
- Pour into a 9 x 12 glass baking dish.
- Generously sprinkle the top with brown rice crisps.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.