Whenever I tell people I had adult acne, they can’t believe it. Not even dermatologists believe me! But I swear, it’s true. It wasn’t until I cleaned up my diet and made different lifestyle choices, that I saw long lasting change.
Even after I tell people that it’s 80% diet and lifestyle choices, they always want to know about the other 20%. Namely, they want to know about my beauty routine. So here it is!
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
My 10-Step Morning Beauty Routine
- Drink my 1st glass of water with Sakara probiotics.
- Drink my 2nd glass of water.
- Tone. For years, I used organic green tea bags and would still highly recommend this for sensitive skin. For the past couple of years, I switched to Biologique Recherche P50 PIGM 400 to treat my post-pregnancy melasma.
- Mist Biologique Recherche L’Eauxygenante all over my face. When traveling, I use Avene’s water spray instead.
- Apply Alpyn Beauty under eye cream.
- Massage Tracie Martyn lotion into face, neck and chest.
- Apply Suntegrity 5-in-1 tinted moisturizer sunscreen.
- Put Lucas Papaw Ointment on my lips.
- Go to the kitchen to drink my 3rd glass of water, this time hot water with lemon.
So there you have it! Ten easy steps. I usually meditate for about 10 minutes, so with my beauty routine taking 5, I can be ready for the day in 15 minutes (20 if I’m doing makeup). I just apply deodorant, get dressed, spritz my perfume and go!
My Beauty Routine Footnotes
You’ll notice I included my meditation and water drinking habits, which yes, probably falls under diet/lifestyle. I think, however, it’s a critical way to kick off my day. Hydration and stress levels definitely make a huge impact on my skin, which is why I drink at least 24 ounces of water before I’ve even had breakfast or coffee!
Finally, if I had to add a bonus #11, it would be exercise, which I always try to do in the morning. It’s a great way to increase circulation and flush out toxins. If I wake up early, I exercise right after I meditate. Otherwise, I do it after I have my lemon water.
Let me know if you decide to try any of these! And definitely let me know if you have any clean beauty must-haves! Leave a comment below.
PS – For my nighttime routine, click here.