I had one goal over the weekend: create a new recipe using my beloved Sakara metabolism powder. On Sunday morning, I noticed three very ripe bananas on my counter. Just as I was about to make my go-to banana bread recipe, I decided to pivot and make something new. Enter these chocolate banana bread energy muffins. They turned out amazing, and everyone in my house has been eating them nonstop! Don’t worry if you don’t have the Sakara metabolism powder – cacao powder will work too.
These chocolate banana bread muffins are free from: gluten, refined sugar and dairy. They can also be made completely vegan.
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs (sub flax eggs for vegan version)
- 1/3 cup Manna Organics Nuts n Seeds butter (can sub any nut/seed butter or replace with vegan butter or coconut oil)
- 1 shot organic espresso
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Cup4Cup Wholesome gluten-free flour (can use any gluten-free flour as long as it contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops Sakara metabolism powder (can sub for 2 tbsp cacao powder)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips (I used Vesta’s vanilla and espresso dark chocolate bark)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with silicone or parchment muffin liners.
- Put the bananas, eggs, nut butter and espresso in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix until smooth (some banana chunks are okay!).
- In a separate bowl, add the coconut sugar, flour, baking soda, sea salt and metabolism powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Use the hand mixer or a spatula to completely incorporate together.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Banana Bread Energy Muffins”
These are delicious! Just made them this morning and the kids are gobbling them up! Thank you!