Special thanks to my friend Trish who shared her friend’s mom’s recipe for chicken and peas with me. It’s easy and delicious. While a lot of people assume I don’t eat meat because I tend to eat mostly plant-based meals, I’m all about listening to my body. Once in awhile, my body craves meat. I’m mindful of sourcing with all animal products, and we tend to buy our meat from either Butcher Box or Force of Nature.
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- yellow onion, sliced thinly
- baby potatoes, halved
- can of peas, drained
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning to taste
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drizzle oil in the bottom of a roasting pan (I line mine with parchment paper or a silicone mat for easier clean up).
- Scatter the sliced onion, then place the chicken thighs on top. Fill in the spaces with the potatoes.
- Drizzle oil on the potatoes.
- Season everything with sea salt, pepper and Italian seasoning (I’m very generous with the salt).
- Cook for 20 minutes. Add the peas and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Option to squeeze lemon all over at the end.