This vegan apple pecan crisp is one of those “free from” desserts where you sacrifice absolutely nothing in terms of flavor. It’s decadent enough to have for dessert at a holiday feast, but light enough to serve for breakfast the next day.
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
- 4-5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (can sub regular all-purpose, whole wheat or a gluten-free AP)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (can sub porridge oats or quinoa flakes)
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine apples, lemon juice, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and nutmeg (if using) in a bowl.
- Empty apple mixture into a baking or pie dish.
- Combine the oats, flour, the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut sugar, pecans, sea salt, the remaining 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and oil in a bowl. I use the same bowl I used for the apples for less clean up.
- Distribute oat mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and a fork easily goes through the apples.
- Serve with a vegan vanilla ice cream (Nadamoo is our favorite back in the US) or a coconut yogurt (we’ve been loving COYO these days).
2 thoughts on “Vegan Apple Pecan Crisp (Free From: Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar)”
Looks like a recipe I’m going to try! My kind of dessert 😋
Your son is wholeheartedly in agreement!