This is one of my go-to dessert recipes that looks fancy but is actually super easy to make. I make mine with no refined sugar (or none at all) and dairy-free. Sub gluten-free all purpose flour for the spelt to make gluten free as well. We served ours with Nada Moo vanilla ice cream on top.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or equivalent liquid stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 bag frozen cherries, thawed
- Enough slivered almonds to stuff the cherries
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease ovenproof dish/skillet with coconut oil.
Combine everything but the cherries and almonds in a blender and blitz until smooth.
Arrange the fruit (and nuts if adding) in the dish/skillet. Pour batter over it. Bake for 50-55 minutes.