Comfort food but make it gluten-free and dairy-free and low in sugar – coconut flour brownies with peanut butter is heaven right now.
Substitutions noted for a paleo version as well (and top with almond butter instead)!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup Lakanto monk fruit sweetener or equivalent liquid stevia or coconut sugar (for paleo)
- 1 heaping tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil at room temp (should be like softened butter)
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 cup Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate chips or Hu Kitchen gems (for paleo)
Whisk dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients, and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased 8×8 glass baking dish. Bake at 350 for about 40-50 mins until knife or toothpick comes out clean from center. In my oven, it took about 44 minutes.