I posted my grandma’s salad dressing recipe to my Instagram several weeks back, and I still can’t believe how many people viewed and shared it. As with all of my grandma’s recipes, this salad dressing borders on ridiculously easy, the ridiculous part describing how I feel even calling it a recipe.
She didn’t mix the dressing in a separate bowl. She didn’t use fresh or fancy ingredients. Everything goes straight from the pantry onto the salad, which is why I love it so much. Quick, easy and always on hand. The toughest part about sharing this recipe? Anyone with an Italian grandma knows the measurements are “a little bit of this” and a “little bit of that”. Bear with me.
- 2 parts extra virgin olive oil (I count to 3)
- 1 part balsamic vinegar (I count to 3 but really fast 😂)
- Sea salt (I use a shocking amount)
- Garlic powder/granules (I use a lot)
- Oregano (to taste – I use very little or none)
Once you’ve prepared your salad, add all of the above ingredients, one at a time. I do it in the order shown above. When all the ingredients have been added, mix it all together. That’s it!