These muffins are easy and delicious, and they make your house smell incredible while baking! They happen to be gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
- 1/2 cup Miyoko’s Creamery vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (also Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (I make my own with baking soda and cream of tartar but regular baking powder works)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (I love Redmond Real Salt )
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries chopped
Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl (even though I totally don’t and sort of just mix them on top of the wet ingredients before combining). Then add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir in the fruit mix-ins last.
Bake in a nonstick muffin tin (mine is by Greenlife ) and/or a muffin tin lined with silicone or parchment liners at 350 for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center. If the tops are browning, but the muffins still need more time, cover with foil, and bake for an additional few minutes.