Shout out to Green Chef who inspired this recipe. Of all the meals I made during my Green Chef trial, the creamy paprika shrimp was easily the best. Of course, I had to make it my own, which means faster, easier and dairy-free.
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
- Raw shrimp (enough for however many people you are – for the 4 of us hearty eaters, that was about 2-2.5 lbs)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce (we like Rao’s marinara)
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (we are ride-or-die for Monty’s)
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry. Place in a medium bowl, and season to taste with smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Add olive oil. Mix until well coated.
- Warm a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the shrimp. Cook for a few minutes, until mostly cooked.
- Add tomato sauce and cream cheese, plus 1/4 cup water. Mix until the sauce and cream cheese are well combined. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is fully cooked and the sauce has reduced by half.
- Remove and serve alongside your favorite green vegetables. This creamy paprika shrimp recipe is also great served over brown rice, a whole grain pasta or sautéed spinach.