This green lentil pasta in a creamy tomato sauce is made next-level good thanks to a combo of vegan scallion cashew cream cheese combined with a traditional marinara sauce.
***This post may contain affiliate links. As a Sakara and Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you but helps me run my website.***
- 1 box green lentil penne (I use Tolerant Foods)
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces, tough ends discarded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 jar tomato sauce (I like Rao’s marinara)
- 3 tbsp vegan cream cheese (LOVE Monty’s scallion cream cheese made from cultured cashews)
- Ramps, or other leafy greens such as spinach
Prepare the lentil pasta according to box instructions. While the water is boiling, roast the asparagus with olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper at 425 for about 20 minutes, or until to your liking (we like it crispy!). Drain the pasta, and pour the tomato sauce and cream cheese into the now-empty pot. When well combined, stir in the ramps (or any leafy green). Add the pasta back in and mix it all together. Then serve over a bed of arugula, and top with the asparagus. Eat and enjoy!!!
PS – If you’re after something a little lighter, try this recipe using lentil pasta.